WHAT SERVICES DO NPs PROVIDE?
- Obtain medical histories and perform physical examinations
- Provide immunizations and other preventative care
- Diagnose and treat illnesses
- Identify, treat and manage chronic diseases such as diabetes and arthritis
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests such as x-rays, blood work and EKG’s
- Prescribe medications
- Prescribe physical therapy, massage therapy and other rehabilitation therapy
- Provide education to allow patients to make decisions about their own health
- Refer patients to other health care providers for more complex and specialized care when necessary
WHY CHOOSE A NURSE PRACTITIONER?
- Nurse Practitioners provide patients with information needed to make decisions about their own health
- NPs take the time to listen to patients’ concerns, health and otherwise
- NPs concentrate on preventative health care
- NPs provide individualized, holistic (all encompassing) care